Monday, October 03, 2005

STUFF GOD WHERE THE SUN DOESN'T SHINE

To those of you who read my blog (hopefully), apologies for my absence. I have been in the asphalt jungle again - some call it civilisation, I certainly would not!

Just as an aside, before I get to my post, tis the rutting season for the stags, and listening to them roar is preferable to the sound of traffic and "civilisation".

I got the hang of the link thingy eventually and it works! But, why is it purple and not underlined in the published post, when it's blue in the draft post?

According to research published today religious belief can cause damage to a society, contributing to higher murder rates, abortion, sexual promiscuity and suicide.

Quote:

Many Americans agree that their churchgoing nation is an exceptional, God-blessed, shining city on the hill that stands as an impressive example for an increasingly sceptical world".

If the quote above is indicative of the general American consensus then, (slap me with a wet holy wafer) God help us all.

Perhaps living in a psychological la la land, (ie a non-questioning belief in a divine creator) can justify anything you please. Go out and rape, God will forgive you if you go to church, confess your sins, and say you're sorry. Well that's OK then isn't it? We can rest easy in our beds now, cos we'll all go to heaven in the end.

Or, is the reason for the damage due to yet another form of oppression, namely religious doctrine. Does this create a need in some to break out and commit unacceptable acts. I don't know, but wish I did.

Answers on a postcard please.

Kats

3 Comments:

Blogger Nige said...

"But, why is it purple and not underlined in the published post, when it's blue in the draft post?"

That's because on the published post you have followed the link, yet the draft post it shows you what it will look like for other people (if you see what I mean).

In answer to your other question......I have no idea sadly! I'll think about it, though normally all my answers are related to Star Wars in one way or another.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Nige said...

It does appear blue for everyone who hasn't read the link. Once you click it it turns purple to show you that you've looked at it already.

I'm not sure if that's actually any clearer!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

After reading your posts on God and Christians, you might enjoy Athiest Mommy's site:

http://atheistmommydiary.blogspot.com/

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home