Thursday, April 20, 2006

POND LIFE - THE CAST

By pond life I mean life on the pond, not the derogatory term lower than pond life.

Several people live here – it’s not what you’d call a marina, more a place where boats are stored, in and out of the water, work goes on and then people move on – a transitory place for some and not others. It’s possible to get into a rut in a boat yard, I’ve discovered.

The folks here mainly keep themselves to themselves. Why? Because everyone is obsessed by their boat. There is always a piece of wood to oil, a hull to be antifouled, a bilge to pump, and besides the world looks so much better from your own deck.

I’m an avid people watcher, not judgemental, just interested and at times amused. I don’t like everybody I meet; if I professed to I’d be a hypocrite. When I do come across someone who gives me a “bad” feeling I usually just mentally shrug my shoulders and give them a wide berth.

People’s names have been changed to suit their circumstances, my amusement and for the other obvious reason.

Conjecture can be a dangerous thing, but oh it can be so much fun.

Anyway here is the cast list so far.

Mr. and Mrs. Mole

Mr. Bondi Beach with Nazi Connections

The Disillusioned Social Worker in the Penthouse

The Amphibious Family

The old Salty Dog

The Lifebuoys

The Wing Commander

All of these people I have met, some briefly, some not so briefly. I thought I was the only sane one in the asylum, but I have company.

Are you curious yet?

Kats :0)

3 Comments:

Blogger David Evans said...

Seems like you are enjoying it so far Kats, like the cast of the Marina, it could be the beginning of a real life novel in the making.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Colcam said...

Extremely curious.

More!

Sounds like things are good with you, Kats.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Genuine Lustre said...

I have always enjoyed making up background stories while people watching.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home