Saturday, December 23, 2006

CHRISTMAS IS COMING & WHO'S GETTING FAT?





Well, I'm sorry to say it's that time of year again.

Call me a miserable cow if you like, I don't care.

I'm just aghast at the frantic spending, stressed out faces of shoppers and sales assistants alike.

I shot off to Morrisons this morning about 8.30 to get some food, thinking I would beat the crowds. No such luck. Rugby scrum would be fair description. Why? For one day of the year. The police with blue lights on parked vehicles parked in the middle of the road were trying to create order out of chaos with the traffic streaming into the city centre.

Puffing, panting, red faced women, heaving king sized heavily laden trolleys into the car park. When do they eat all that? How do they eat all that? Have they got room in the fridge and cupboards for it all?

What do I do at Christmas? I don't run round frantically looking for pressies. I don't fill the house (boat rather) to overflowing with food etc only to throw half of it in the bin, which is where I am sure the majority of it ends up.

I'm not a christian, it means nothing to me. And it's certainly lost it's meaning to many christians anyway. Luckily my family is of the same opinion so I don't feel pressured into conforming, lucky me.

I have a nice dinner of roast beef and yorkshire pud and a quiet day and I don't come out till its all over and done with.

So many people complain to me about Christmas, the stress, the work, the pressure and yet they still do it. If everyone toned it down a bit they'd be much happier.

Then they do it all again the following week for New year!

Christmas is coming and who's getting fat? Answer, Retailers, credit card companies, finance companies, banks.

Bah bloody humbug.

Kats :0)

7 Comments:

Blogger David Evans said...

Hi Kats

Merry Christmas to you and yours, have a great time and a prosperous New Year

4:52 PM  
Blogger David Evans said...

I know what you mean, it's a right stressful time of year, and the bit I like is the time off work and the family get togethers

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kats, you're soooo right. Already in October I was welcomed in the local Tesco with "Are you ready for Christmas?" Duh, to quote Homer Simpson. I'm just enjoying the stretch of time off, playing games and reading and doing chores (one a day!) around the house. Eight January is still a long way awaaaaaayyyy.

4:49 PM  
Blogger kats said...

Thank you lightening.

King Billy welcome back. The fact you posted on Christmas Day says it all.

I have spent the day playing Tomb Raider Legend in between cooking the dinner.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Gavin Corder said...

Eh well don't buy anything! I LOVE christmas!

6:35 PM  
Blogger kats said...

Gavin - I hope you had a really good one. xx

8:06 AM  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Happpy New Year, Kats

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home